Are you an experienced Quality Inspector who is passionate about the role technology can play in making a difference in the world? Are you an experienced individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference?
Company Overview: Carolina Precision Technologies (CPT) is a premier, full-service precision manufacturer for the medical and aerospace industries. We are a market leading manufacturer of implants, specialty surgical instruments, cutting tools, and delivery systems for the orthopedic, sports medicine, trauma, extremities and other MedSurg applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will ensure the highest quality of products manufactured by Carolina Precision by performing inspections against customer supplied and internally stated requirements while working competently and in a timely manner. The position is 2nd shift and the hours are roughly 12-8:30. The successful candidate will possess the skills needed to complete the following responsibilities:
- Conduct inspections per customer mandated validation requirements as directed.
- Perform first article inspections, in-process inspection points, and final quality inspections to ensure
- Conformance to customer requirements provided through blueprints and control documents prior to product release
- Perform raw material and product receiving activities from outside services/suppliers as needed
- Develop/suggest changes to current inspection procedures and work instructions in order to continuously improve and streamline the inspection process
- Conduct reworks and re-inspections as directed for a nonconforming product found in house or returned from customers as directed
- Assist in root cause and corrective action determination in conjunction with other members of the quality department to ensure completeness and effectivity of all assigned actions
- Perform all required tasks in a timely manner
- Provide QA support as designated by the Quality Manager
- Report non-conformities as per documented process and coordinate accordingly with the Quality Manager
- Communicate all quality issues to management in a timely manner, along with recommendations for any corrective or preventative actions that may be necessary
- Must be 18 years old
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and FDA 21CFR Part 820 requirements
- Familiarity of AQL inspection methods
- Ability to utilize all inspection tools including calipers, micrometers, comparators, CMM etc.
- 3-14 years on the job experience in related field
- Must possess organizational ability in order to set priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Experience with 3-dimensional inspection and measurements
- Excellent visual inspection skills and an eye for detail
- QA experience in medical devices
- Good knowledge and understanding of engineering drawing interpretation with GD &T specified features
- Excellent record-keeping documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to use ERP systems (Preferably VISUAL)
- Able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
No agency calls please