Are you an experienced Quality Inspector who is passionate about the role technology can play in making a difference in the world? Are you an experienced individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference?
Company Overview: Carolina Precision Technologies (CPT) is a premier, full-service precision manufacturer for the medical and aerospace industries. We are a market leading manufacturer of implants, specialty surgical instruments, cutting tools, and delivery systems for the orthopedic, sports medicine, trauma, extremities and other MedSurg applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will ensure the highest quality of products manufactured by Carolina Precision by performing inspections against customer supplied and internally stated requirements while working competently and in a timely manner.
- Conduct inspections per customer mandated validation requirements as directed
- Perform first article inspections, in-process inspection points, and final quality inspections to ensure
- Conformance to customer requirements provided through blueprints and control documents prior to product release
- Perform raw material and product receiving activities from outside services/suppliers as needed
- Develop/suggest changes to current inspection procedures and work instructions in order to continuously improve and streamline the inspection process
- Conduct reworks and re-inspections as directed for a nonconforming product found in house or returned from customers as directed
- Assist in root cause and corrective action determination in conjunction with other members of the quality department to ensure completeness and effectivity of all assigned actions
- Perform all required tasks in a timely manner
- Provide QA support as designated by the Quality Manager
- Report non-conformities as per documented process and coordinate accordingly with the Quality Manager
- Communicate all quality issues to management in a timely manner, along with recommendations for any corrective or preventative actions that may be necessary
- Must be 18 years old
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and FDA 21CFR Part 820 requirements
- Familiarity of AQL inspection methods
- Ability to utilize all inspection tools including calipers, micrometers, comparators, CMM etc.
- 3-14 years on the job experience in related field
- Must possess organizational ability in order to set priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Experience with 3-dimensional inspection and measurements
- Excellent visual inspection skills and an eye for detail
- QA experience in medical devices
- Good knowledge and understanding of engineering drawing interpretation with GD &T specified features
- Excellent record-keeping documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to use ERP systems (Preferably VISUAL)
- Able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time
No agency calls please